With the worldwide usage of Social Network on the rise, we are now capable of analysing different aspects of social behavior. This project will focus on political events that are taking place in Brazil in order to detect and explain the different groups that arise, infer the tactics of each group to spread their ideas, verify and quantify the use of bots and illustrate the individual behavior of the main actors. This project also involves the creation and evaluation of a new algorithm for Community Detection and the use of Co-clustering for topic modeling.
Graduate students: Éric Tadeu Camacho, Júlia Botan
- The People Have Spoken: Conflicting Brazilian Protests on Twitter.
- The Influence of Retweeting Robots During Brazilian Protests.
- The message does not matter: the influence of the network on information diffusion.
- A Flexible Fitness Function for Community Detection in Complex Networks.
- Identifying overlapping communities in complex networks with multimodal optimization.